|Level 1||Level 2-4||Level 5||Level 6|
|Level 7||Level 8||Level 9-10|
- The Sawmill constantly produces Wood, except for when it is being upgraded or when it is full.
- Wood is the most basic construction material used for upgrades or constructions.
- Uncollected Resources within your Sawmill can be stolen by attackers. The Vault protects the same percentage of uncollected Resources as Resources in storages.
- Initially, the Sawmill is a large wooden building with large front doors and a stone floor. There are logs and a cutting stump outside.
- At level 2, the Sawmill gains a few wood planks outside it. The missing wooden plank in the roof has been added.
- At level 5, the Sawmill gains a buzzsaw inside the Sawmill, and the roof becomes made of metal.
- At level 6, the Sawmill's roof is more flattened out, the wooden doors disappear and it gains a stone wall a little bit away from it.
- At level 7, the Sawmill gains a second buzzsaw and a metal chimney.
- At level 8, the Sawmill's metal floor is covered with hazard tape, a second metal chimney appears and the roof is reinforced with steel.
- At level 9, the metal chimneys on the roof are replaced with four vents sticking out of the roof. A small window is added at the front.
- When your Wood Storage is full, the bubble you click to collect Wood turns red, indicating that you cannot store the additional Wood produced within your Wood Storage.
- The Sawmill is the only building whose last upgrade doesn't cost Wood.
- The Sawmill is the only resource production building that requires the resource it produces as part of its upgrade cost (although only at Sawmill levels available at Headquarters level 5 and below, when Wood is the only building resource unlocked).
- The Sawmill, along with the Gunboat and the Headquarters, are the only three buildings that can't be bought from the shop (and thus don't have an initial build cost), as you can only have one of them each, and you start the game with these three already built.
- The Sawmill is the only resource producer that can be seen filling up. The area by the stone wall at Levels 6 and up fills up in a similar manner to Wood Storages.
- The early Sawmill levels have stone in them, but Stone is not required to upgrade it.
- Similarly, Sawmills at levels 5-6 have a metal roof, but Iron is not required.