|Mark 1||Mark 2||Mark 3|
- The Boom Surprise is a Prototype Defense that can be built inside the Weapon Lab.
- Like other prototype defenses, they will only last for a limited duration after being deployed.
- The Boom Surprise is essentially a Cannon with much higher fire rate and damage; while it has moderately high damage per shot, it fires in bursts of two shots with a short delay between them, giving it a very high damage per second.
- Like the Hot Pot, the Boom Surprise is capable of hiding underground until enemies are in range. While underground, it is invulnerable to damage, and troops will act as if no building were there. When active and no enemy troops are in range, the Boom Surprise will retreat back into its bunker after a few seconds of inactivity. It can, however, be stunned by a Shock Bomb at all times and should it hides when it happens, it will be frozen and cannot pop out
- While the Hot Pot has a shorter range and can deal area damage, Boom Surprise is best used against strong individuals that have high health.
- When against Warriors, it and Hot Pot are equally effective. Whist Hot Pot burns down Warriors quickly, Boom Surprise can destroy 2 Warriors in a single burst, and the short reload time means more casualties.
- It's also a very good choice against Tanks, as well as Heavy-Zookas. The strong units would be eliminated rather fast, and due to it's good range, a direct flanking against it would surely be threatened by it. Because of it's rather speedy reload and rate of fire, it can be a substitute for Doom Cannon if one cannot accept a slow fire rate, but if they always get attacked by Scorchers, then Doom Cannon would be much better due to superior range and damage.
- At Mark I, the hatch appears as navy blue with a dashed ring of light blue details and a number '1' in the center. The main cannon consists of a white canister with blue panels at the front that slide off to the sides to reveal the two barrels that are light blue in color. On top of the canister is a blue top with metal handles.
- At Mark II, the hatch appears with a number '2' in the center and retains its light blue ring. The back of the cannon now gains a blue casing with a cross on top. The barrels of the cannon are extended.
- At Mark III, the hatch gains a second dashed ring on the outer perimeter of the hatch, and a number '3' in the center. The cannon now gains winged decorations on its sides on either side of its casing.
|Building Size||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Range|
|3x3||0.25s between shots in burst; 1.5s reload time after 2 shots||Single||9|
|Mark Number||Health||Damage Per Second||Damage Per Hit||Build Cost||Build Time||Weapon Lab|